Monday, April 19, 2010

Autism Awareness Month

As you are all aware this is Autism Awareness Month. I would like to know why I don't see or hear anything about it in my area. I live in northeast ohio and there has been nothing.

Maybe it's just because it has struck my family that I am more aware but I would have thought I would have seen ribbons or signs or even hear something on the news or radio. Admittedly, I can't be everywhere and hear everything but it's been to quite. I hear dozens and dozens of times a day how someone found some stupid lost animal in Farmville or someone found a lost egg. Where are our priorities.

It actually makes me angry that this month seems to be slipping by unnoticed. I wish there was something I could do to raise awareness. I'm going to have to think about this and try to figure out a way to raise awareness every month.

Autism is such a serious problem that maybe we should have more then just one month. There should always be awareness. Honestly, awareness isn't enough we need action and results.

LT

No comments:

Post a Comment